Monday, March 1, 2010

I'd Do It Again and Again

People often ask if I'd do it again. If I would again become an entrepreneur. I like to compare it to riding a roller coaster:

You wait for what seems like FOREVER
Gathering information, killing time, waiting for the right moment & only moving inches.
Finally it's your turn!
Now you're excited, scared, nauseated, and locked in.
There are highs and lows, flips and turns. You think, "I could die here."
And in the end, it was your decision, and you survived.

"Yes! Of course I'd do it again."

Next time I will have the benefit of experience. My second ride will be different. I will narrow my focus, quit my secure day job and really commit to making the business work. There is something about being an entrepreneur that makes all of the sacrifices worthwhile.

Tea is a luxury. A delicious & delightful luxury for some. We tried, and to a small degree succeeded, to capture our key demographic market and tell them, everyday deserves a little luxury. Take this drink, this experience, this luxury and incorporate it into your daily life.

I can't wait to do it again.

Sharing the love of tea,

Dara

p.s. Here is a little something I found at SBA.gov

Top five reasons why start-up businesses fail:

1. Insufficient capital (money)

2. Lack of management experience

3. Poor business location

4. Poor inventory management

5. Lack of initial planning

No comments:

Blog Archive