Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Staying Warm

I am so excited! It is snowing and I am enjoying a hot cup of tea. A cup that has been hot from beginning to end, thanks to my new Mr. Coffee Mug Warmer.
We live in an old and drafty house. I love this house dearly, but it makes drinking tea by the pot full a slightly less enjoyable experience because inevitably by the time you get to the bottom of your cup, your beverage is stone cold. So naturally, EJ and I went on a search for an electric cup warmer. I looked in big boxes and small independent store alike and while a few had heard of this mysterious "cup warmer" few had actually seen it in person and fewer still knew where to find one. EJ lost interest, but I pressed on.


THE INTERNET I thought with excitement! I wanted to support a local business, but this was a job for the Internet. A few clicks into my search and voila! I compared the nearly $30 Bodum warmer to a tiny thing from Salton. Features, benefits, price, delivery time. I finally settled on a $10 (well $9.59 from amazon.com) Mr. Coffee MWBLK Mug Warmer. It promises to be, easy to clean, has a convenient cord length for use almost anywhere and be great for a variety of hot beverages and soups.

Sold! I only wish it came in green.

Sharing the love of (hot-hot) tea,

Dara

No comments:

Blog Archive