Monday, April 27, 2009

Holding on to an old friend

Like most of you I have a morning rountine. It goes like this:

  • wake up after hitting the snooze twice

  • take shower

  • feed cat

  • fill fantastic electric tea kettle that heats up in like a minute

  • scoop approximately 2.75 teaspoons of black tea du jour into really scuzzy two cup tea infuser that I have had for at least 7 years

  • drink tea and thank the universe to be alive and have such a delicious elixir

Okay, perhaps you caught the scuzzy infuser part. It is my old fave. It is well seasoned and I know exactly how much loose leaf tea to use in it. I have about 20 tea pots of various description, all kinds of infusers and tea strainers and even some tea in bags. There is just something about this thing. My dear sweet husband encouraged me to let it go and he makes a good argument--it looks terrible, the flip lid is missing and I do have options, some of which he has given me as gifts. So recently, I decided to find a replacement. It is not perfect, but I found the Aladdin BPA-free Essential Infuser. It's nice, but I still have the old one. I don't want to hurt any feelings.









No comments:

Blog Archive